Autumn is great. If only it didn’t seem to last 2 weeks. Make the season last a little longer this year by taking advantage of our favorite things to do in (and around) the Grove before winter kills everything. In no particular order…
- Emmett’s Orchard: Ok, it’s somewhat in a particular order. No question #1 is Emmett’s Orchard. It is everything that is good about fall. Get your apple cider, apple butter, apple fritters, apple pie, apple dumplings… and apples.
2. Hunter’s Farm bike trail. Enough said.
3. Corn Mazes: wasting an entire afternoon lost in a corn maze is better than wasting an entire afternoon binge watching Netflix. Save that for January. Check out Seiver’s Farm Market in Grove City, Iron Mill Farmstead in New Wilmington or Coolspring Farm in Mercer.
4. Amish Country. Volant. New Wilmington. All of it.
5. Beans on Broad: pumpkin spiced everything.
6. Olde Town Grove City: After you go to beans, just walk around Olde Town. Enjoy it, because in a few weeks you’ll never want to go outside again.
7. Fallingwater: Perhaps the most significant piece of American architecture and Frank Lloyd Wright’s best is just a couple hour’s drive. Ohiopyle area is amazing during the fall.
8. Frisbee Golf: A game of frisbee golf in Memorial Park and Hunters Farm is great during the summer, but even better during fall. Just don’t lose your frisbee in the leaves.
9. Wineries: because it’ll make you forget that winter is coming. Try Deer Creek Winery in Shippenville or Lago Winery in Jamestown, PA.
10. Breweries: Again, it’ll help you forget that winter is coming. Pumpkin beer tasting is always a good time (North Country has a new pumpkin beer!)
11. Just go for a drive. It’s the best.