It’s a new year in and around the Grove and there are some big things happening! Here’s the top 5 things we’re looking forward to…
- New Outlet Mall development: 2015 saw the GC area’s first brewery. For anyone who has waited at Timber Creek for over an hour or more for seats (worth it) knows that we obviously have a need for even more eating establishments! With 2 new hotels opening more restaurants will soon follow, especially now that Springfield Township and Grove City have finally agreed to a huge expansion at the sewage treatment plant. Plans are shaping for a new burger joint, a BBQ Restaurant and others.
- Safari Park: There’s a chance we may see a few pygmy hippopotamuses and giraffes walking around the area in 2016. Depending on permits and construction, Living Treasures may open the first phase of its new facility before year’s end. The facility will aid preservation efforts and raise awareness for some of the world’s most endangered species, and will be the only location in PA and one of the only in the US to house some of the least known animals in the world. Did we also mention a four stage zip-line tour?!
- Olde Town restoration: It’s easy to see when a building downtown gets a new paint job or signage, but what you often can’t see (and is even more important!) is when work is going on behind the facades. Walking the alley behind Citizen’s Bank, you can see recent and ongoing restoration projects that will go a long ways to ensure downtown’s continued growth. Four of the largest buildings downtown have undergone major structural updates, ensuring they’ll be around another 100 years. Not to mention the last vacant building in Olde Town (Aquascape) has also been bought and is undergoing a huge renovation. A downtown in Pennsylvania with no vacancies is a big deal!
- Frisbee Golf: Guys, I’m completely making up this fact, but I’m assuming Grove City has more frisbee golf courses per capita than any other place on the planet. If you’ve never played, add it to your “must” list come spring. Get outside!
- More Farm 2 Table: If you missed last summers Farm 2 Table dinner, you’ll get another chance come August! Keep your eye out on Living the Grove for more information!