From breweries to coffee shops, Grove City has some big projects in the pipeline and we couldn’t be more excited. Here’s a list of the businesses that could change everything…
- Voodoo Brewery | Downtown breweries have been game changers for Slippery Rock and Butler, and now Olde Town Grove City is getting in on the game in a BIG way. Voodoo Brewery isn’t just part of the craft beer trend, they’re one of the pioneers. Their first location in Meadville opened in 2005 and since then they’ve opened 3 other locations from Erie to Pittsburgh and become a cult favorite in the industry. With the hopes to be open by Thanksgiving, Voodoo Brewery will be a huge addition to downtown and the most unique dining establishment in the region.
- Collage Coffee & Art House | Also in Olde Town, the former Nelson’s Flower Shop storefront will soon be a unique coffee roasting shop and artist commune. You’ll be able to browse and buy nearly a dozen artist’s work while waiting for your specialty coffee to brew.
- Koehler Brewing Company | The Koehler Brewing name has been brought back from the dead with a new tasting room and brewing facility on Park Street. The unique spot is already open and a great place to have a beer or two, or pick up a 6 pack.
- Big Rail Brewing | Anyone who knows the local craft beer scene knows Big Rail. They’ve been headquartered in the basement of the Harmony Inn (Sister restaurant to North Country) for several years and now the Grove City natives will be moving their location to Route 258. They plan to build a brewing facility and an outdoor beer garden under the trees by 2019.
- Kingview Mead Winery | Honey wine and a farm-to-table restaurant are in the works just off of Route 258. The Pittsburgh winery has plans for a wine-tasting room and restaurant, which will use as much locally grown food as possible. There are also plans for an events center and bed & breakfast. The goal is to turn the 30 acre site in into a state park like setting. The property also connects to Big Rail Brewing’s future site and will most likely be connected with a trail. We’re looking forward to that walk!
- Keystone Safari | A little further down Route 258 is a massive construction site that will soon be Keystone Safari. The 143 acres will be home to an african style safari, endangered animals, zip line course and much much more. This will be a huge tourist draw for the region.
- The outlet mall area has a lot of new businesses coming. Blackout Burger is currently under construction and there are plans for Cannon’s Chop House, a sister restaurant to Montana Rib and Chop House in Hermitage. Hermitage’s Italian staple, Combine Brothers, is also looking to build in Springfield Township, while a new Starbucks and other businesses are also in the works.
- A new high-end housing development is planned for the former Pine Grove Golf Course. The 150 acre site off Diamond Road will include 99 homes and 3 apartment buildings. Each lot will be more than an acre and several are on the existing golf course ponds. The project could bring a significant boost to the area’s population, which means a significant boost to local businesses.
- Dunkin’ Donuts | Yes, it’s a chain. But donuts are awesome so we’re still excited about it. The location plans to open September 20th on the corner of Main Street and South Broad Street.